Monday, July 18, 2005

Pardon me boy, is that the Chicken-noodle Choo-Choo?

Due to a very massive conflict within my being, via the battle of a rich opportunity of the new position vs. leaving this beautiful area, the following song, one of my all-time favourites even before this recent mental war, is very fitting.

I tend to view choices such as this as being at a train station. You are there, you have the choice, the decision to make, 'stay here, or hop on board'. Problem is, the train track is one-way, its getting ready to pull away, with only in the most severe cases an emergency pull cord. Hop on board, leave everything you know behind, hope
for the best ride, to be able 10 or so years down wind of here to look back, and know that the right train, at the right time, was chosen - for all parties concerned.

While the final destination of the train currently blowing its horn is not the most desired, the opportunity that is potentially being offered once there is very positive. Much more so than staying in current situation. Best thing about keeping current job would be that could stay in this area. Yet, I have to know that this present train, and mainly the station its taking me to, in the long run, will indeed be the best 'it'.

While I really do not desire nor want to leave this station, I'm of belief that in the back recesses of my mind, that the realization is there that this is the best train to board. Time will be the final scorekeeper of that. Hopefully, Monday morning quarter-backs will have a positive report at that time too.

Cross fingers and knock on wood that the final destination of this train ride from Chattanooga to the flat-land of wind & snow will be not only good. But, be the best, and I hopefully have the right ticket in hand.


All a-board!






Styx - Crystal Ball
c) 1976 A&M

I used to like to walk the straight and narrow line.
I used to think everything was fine.
Sometimes I'd sit and gaze for days through sleepless dreams,
All alone and trapped in time.
All alone and trapped in time.

I wonder what tomorrow has in mind for me?
Or am I even in it's mind at all?
Perhaps I'll get a chance to look ahead and see.
Soon as I find myself a crystal ball.
Soon as I find myself a crystal ball.

But tell me, tell me where I'm going,
I don't know where I've been,
Tell me, tell me, wont you tell me
And then tell me again.

My heart is breaking,
My body's aching,
And I don't know where to go.
So tell me, tell me, wont you tell me
I just gotta know.

Crystal Ball
There's so many things I need to know
Crystal Ball
There's so many things I've gotta know
Crystal Ball

Wont you tell me please before I go.
Crystal Ball

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home